Cold Brew Coffee is touted as healthy coffee and has a distinctive taste because of its sweet taste and soft texture, cold brew coffee is made not in the usual way of making coffee. The manufacturing process also takes quite a long time. Cold brew coffee is very popular among young people at this time. So it is very easy to find in the nearest coffee shop and restaurant, because of its soft texture and sweet taste. You can even buy it online with cold brew delivery. So, what is the difference between cold brew coffee and other coffees, how is it made and what makes this coffee special compared to other cold coffees?
Cold brew coffee is made by soaking the powder in cold water for 8-24 hours. A low sour taste and strong caffeine taste can be produced from soaking the coffee for 8 – 24 hours. When soaked, it takes more cold brew coffee powder than other coffees. However, the caffeine content remains low due to the long extraction process. In addition to delicious coffee, cold brew coffee can also help maintain a healthy body. Below are some of the benefits:
1. Does Not Cause Stomach Acid
Abstinence for people with stomach acid to drink coffee. Because coffee can cause gastric acid reflux, which is a condition where stomach acid rises to the throat, irritating. The acidity of coffee can usually cause the disease. Cold brew coffee has been widely studied, and the acid content is lower than other coffees. In addition, cold brew contains raw polysaccharides that can increase the immunity of the digestive system so that the intestines and the acidic effects of coffee are not irritating and safe.
2. Lowers The Risk of Type 2 Diabetes
Intestinal peptides or hormones in the digestive system contained in cold brew coffee can control and slow digestion and stabilize sugar levels. In addition, cold brew contains chlorogenic acid which functions to produce antioxidants. Type 2 diabetes can also be reduced by the antioxidants in coffee.
3. Can Prolong Life
The risk of death for coffee drinkers can be reduced. Based on a long-term study involving 229,119 men and 173,141 women aged 50-71 years, shows that the risk of accidents, injuries, strokes, diabetes, heart attacks, respiratory disorders and diabetes can be avoided by drinking lots of coffee.
Why is that? Because antioxidants in the form of polyphenols, hydroxycinnamic and chlorogenic acid contained in coffee can help prevent cell damage to avoid chronic diseases such as heart disease, cancer and diabetes. Besides providing many health benefits, cold brew coffee is also not difficult to make at home.
Here are the steps for making cold brew coffee.
• Coarsely grind the coffee beans. Types of free coffee, depending on your taste. Then, add 226 grams of coffee grounds into a large container or pitcher and 480 ml of water, then stir gently.
• Cover the pot and let the coffee soak in the refrigerator for 12-24 hours.
• After leaving, strain the coffee through a fine sieve and pour the soaked coffee into another container or pitcher.
• Discard the coffee grounds in the filter, this filtered coffee is cold brew coffee concentrate.
• Cover the pitcher with an airtight lid and store the concentrate in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
• When going to drink, add 120 ml of cold water into a cup of coffee concentrate. You can also add ice or cream if you want. Cold brew coffee is ready to be enjoyed!
With the benefits that are good for health, cold brew coffee deserves to be included in your new favourite drink list. Good luck and hopefully useful.